In ‘helping dreams become reality’ the Roy Anthony Reid Foundation will focus on the following key projects over the next 12 months
- Planning and delivering a Cultural Event to coincide with Black History Month (October 2016) which will provide educational and performance opportunities for young people within the West Midlands.
- Setting up and launching a small bursary scheme for schools within the West Midlands and Caribbean (Jamaica) to support key areas of priority.
- Seeking opportunities to provide small educational resources (i.e. books/art equipment) as school awards and prizes within the West Midlands and Caribbean.
- Launching a West Midlands Schools-related competition which will coincide with winners and recipients receiving accolades at an Annual Awards Evening in 2017 (date to be confirmed).
- Developing strategic partnerships with youth-related agencies and groups which will lead to the provision of training and development for young people across the West Midlands.
- Investigations into a different type of accessible, mentoring provision to compliment services being offered by schools in the West Midlands and Caribbean.